Sunday, May 17, 2009

Paul builds his foil - a WindFire Zyzzle 1.4





This foil is a 1.4 square meter buggy kite that I designed with gracious help from dean jordan back in 2000. Paul is making one for himself in this series of shots. It's an incredibly fast and responsive small kite. Unlike trainer foils of a similar size, this kite has no shortcuts taken with the design and has a full bridle and rib count. It's amazing for high-wind buggying and because it's also built as an ultralight, with no unnecessary reinforcements, it can also fly in near zero wind. Revisiting this kite makes me want to design some more, almost 10 years later, wow how time flies. Here is the first flight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Nice foil!
Could you please give me some advice on where to find some info about how to wire the foil?

I found one used foil but dont perform well and I think it need to be rewired.

Thanks in advance! regards,

Paco (impacs.geo@yahoo.com)